Running Away from Injuries
Running has long been considered one of the best ways to stay in shape. Unfortunately, people who run religiously know it can often lead to knee problems. This is evidenced by the term, “runner’s knee,” which describes any condition that causes pain in the front of a person’s knee. These injuries are most common among skiers, cyclists, soccer players and, of course, runners.
- Exercise regularly to avoid weight gain.
- Gently stretch your muscles before use.
- Gradually increase the intensity or duration of your workouts, not all at once.
- When running, wear running shoes with sturdy, supportive construction.
- Practice good running form, bending your knees, slightly leaning forward and striking the ground with your mid foot. Watch this video to see proper running form.
Running is not only a great way to stay healthy and fit, but also relieves stress and eliminates depression. Take the time to practice proper habits, and you can run away from unnecessary injuries like runner’s knee.